This time I devoted to an activity that is not my own: making the interviewer!
the word you give customers a project I had in mind for some time and finally, thanks to the patience of Albert, we have succeeded in the business.
Given the increasing enthusiasm (thankfully) around the "creatures of the family," especially given the passion with which Albert is thrown into the adventure (it was he who had even the ' idea to open a Flickr group) I thought the least reciprocate by giving voice to the moderator of their group with a mini interview dressed by their pictures taken with the magic box.
Although the designer, I confess that whenever I see someone using immortalized StenopeiKa, as I get excited when I managed to pull out the first decent picture from my gadget, but also fills me with pride. I can even mount the head when I see some great results like those of Alberto (aka Elastic Society on Flickr).
Let's learn more about our friend, so you can even begin to embroider an identikit of the modern "user pinhole, increasingly rare in the middle of the digital age.
Despite the efforts of groups like Slow Food, which tried in every way to protect local products and to educate the slow (in their case for power), the culture of the often hectic over, in food as in the photo. E 'based on the principle that the photo is a pleasure, that these cameras are born, and I am sure that our Albert is on the same line wavelength.
How did you find the pinhole?
I found on the Internet a few years ago, and I wanted to build a pinhole alone, but I never found the time to do so. I've seen a lot of online tutorials, but the results were never satisfactory. I had almost forgotten the idea, when by accident - looking for vintage stuff on ebay - I noticed the Stenopeika .. He convinced me right away, because even have contact with those who built it is certainly a plus.
You may have noticed that the approach the act of photographing is very different from what we call "traditional photography" analog digital or both, as your relationship with this kind of discipline? Tell us about your first approach, and the feeling that you've tried to shoot without a scope.
Modern society tries to clear the error from life. It 's a company that wants to perfect. The pinhole by its very nature goes against this notion stritolante, which is why it fascinates me. The first time I used it around the hole I was with my partner to take pictures in the middle of a field of overgrown grass, near a railroad. E 'was great, she with a Nikon and I with the magic box!
What do you think of the culture of slowness in the pinhole camera, in photography, is the parent?
I think the hole is the parent of all modern photography, traditional and otherwise. More than slow, I like its randomness with which you take samples of reality. It seems to me precisely as an operation of sampling, recovery, sampling, not a true "snapshot". Although, of course, here we write with light.
The answer I suppose that for quite some time and that your photographer has been a slow evolution, how did you get into photography? how was your passion?
My father is a photographer, and my parents put me in the hands of a Kodak Instamatic when I was 6, I think. Since then, I never stopped. I am not a photographer, do not consider myself that and I have a career behind. I have always practiced the cameras, and this gave me more like an aesthetic and a way of looking at reality. I work with Plein Air, a travel magazine on newsstands and camping every month, and my travel documentaries are always accompanied by photographs of the places visit. I have to work when I use the digital, analog and enjoy myself when I'm not worried about the results.
culminates technology you decide to stop, and a way to get back to basics, all because of StenopeiKa? how did you discover this world of "magic boxes"?
I discovered on ebay, looking for vintage cameras of which I am a fan. And then I met via email Samuel, that his advice was very useful! I own other old analog machines. A Zeiss net another Zeiss Tengor Box of '32, a Diana and Nikon F2A. I really like with the idea to photograph old stuff that still works, all stuff without batteries and electrical switches. The mechanics, as we know, is much better electronics!
When you're taking pictures of this article inspired you to some existing work? Many people think that this kind of cameras are uncontrollable, I do not think so, but I'm biased, but you you think?
No, I'm inspired by any existing photo, I only brought behind the pinhole to begin to know and discover their potential. Only now I can master it and get the results that I expect during recovery. These cameras can be controlled within a certain limit. It's serendipity, perhaps, to find something there where you did not expect to find it, or leave more room for the event. Which never hurts, not only in photographs.
Many people think that pinhole photography is very limited, I have an opinion much more moderate and are of the opinion that this medium very archaic stimulate the imagination and testing, I'd be curious to photograph a Formula 1 race ... do you think Alberto such fields of use can have your StenopeiKa? It 'a very limited stock? Do you have plans for the future?
Limited as an adjective seems out of place. Each technique has a history, and retracing the story is interesting even learn shooting techniques and materials used. It depends on what you have in mind. At the moment I have no future plans, if not continue to use my machine, and maybe someone else buy the older, or a beautiful anamorphic Stenopeika Multiformat or do not know ...
How do you work your negatives? How to print your photos?
Captures digital negatives for prints instead I rely on a couple of laboratories in the area that are pretty reliable.
Do you have a favorite photographer? and why?
I really like the work of Ansel Adams, is the theme for the tonal choices. And I also love the panoramic views of Koudelka. I recently saw the works of Michael Kenna, and I was totally fascinated. The large portfolio "A Silent World" in my opinion is a masterpiece, moving and intense. http://trinixy.ru/michael_kenna.html
What book are you reading at this time? what music do you listen? what are your favorite movies?
I'm trying to finish "Oblomov" by Goncharov and "In Praise of Courtesy of Axia. Listening to a lot of music and also play a lot, since I have produced many records and worked a lot with music. I've been playing the acoustic guitar and composed music for film and for my album. I really like country, jazz years 50/60, electronics, dub and some things to Mozart. I love Johnny Cash, Hank Williams and all the country's east-coast, Miles Davis and Pink Floyd. But I could not give a precise indication. I listen to just about anything, I appreciate the music as a whole and there are genres that can not stand. On the other hand am not a big film buff, although I'm trying to fill my gaps. Whatever of Kubrick and Allen still meets my interests and always give me new ideas. For Kubrick recommend it to all the photographers or those self-styled look of "Barry Lyndon". For Allen, the first place I put "Play It Again, Sam", but really are spoiled for choice.
0 comments:
Post a Comment